Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Ripples


Today, as I was getting ready to take a break from studying and head out for a stroll to hunt for my photo of the day... a freak wind/rain storm came through. I decided to wait. It only lasted 10 minutes, then the sun came out - reminds me of tropical rains. So I went out and as I looked for what to photograph, I asked the universe what its message is for me today.

I came to a gazebo by the seawall near the marina and saw rainwater that has collected on the roof of the gazebo trickling down into the water... creating ripples - I knew this was my message.

As mentioned in a previous post, some days it is challenging to keep up with this blog. Recently, however, I have been fortunate enough to receive much appreciated feedback from those that have been following me on this journey.

I post the daily photos in an album on my personal page as well as daily links to this blog on the Alchemy Photographic Arts page on Facebook. With close to 700 friends, plus their friends who can view these photos on FB, I really have no idea who I'm touching. I'm glad to have been able to inspire or encourage in some way, although I embarked on this project mainly for myself. Knowing this puts into perspective the importance of the "work" we do in this world... whatever it may be.

No matter how small you think what you're doing is... it affects others and therefore affects the world. If someone does something to better your world, telling them they've helped you will return the favour and help them.

I dedicate today's photo to those that have come along to keep me company on this journey. To those that have taken the time and heart to encourage me on this project - THANK YOU!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Jenny! I certainly apprecaite both the picture and your words....keep doing what you're doing it certainly has a huge impact on those around you!

    ReplyDelete