Monday, February 28, 2011

ALONE TIME


It's been a bit of a challenge keeping up with my photo blog the past few days. It's been too cold, I mostly hesitate to go out; we've been too busy at work, we haven't been out on our usual walks lately; and I've been too tired, it can really be a challenge trying to find something "good, happy or beautiful" when all I want to do is curl up under the covers on my bed. However, I know I made this commitment to myself, so I had to do whatever it takes to keep up with what I've promised. So, despite being tired and despite that it's cold outside... I took a short walk to do some banking at the nearby TD Bank, then walked along the seawall on my way home.

As I was taking photos of the bridge, I spotted this rower. Such an inspiration - out by him/herself in the cold, paddling. I was reminded of how important alone time is. Every once in a while, we need to pay attention to our self, and meet our own needs.

3 comments:

  1. Alone time is wonderful!

    And...

    Your photos do not need to be "good, happy or beautiful" they can be ugly, sad, stressed, plain and/or dark. There is beauty in those things as well. Remember that art can be about where you are in that moment, be it good or bad or somewhere in the middle.

    Lastly, I admire the dedication that you are putting into this project. Everyday I look forward to seeing what you have come up with. Your blog is telling us a story.

    Keep up the good work, Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Alchemy" makes me think of the concept where one finds something precious, beautiful or good in the ordinary. And since the reason I started this project was to get out of a down, frustrated and unmotivated place that blocked me as an artist... 365 Days of Alchemy was an attempt to find something good, happy or beautiful in the ordinariness of everyday - a reminder to be grateful on a daily basis.

    I do think that expressing ourselves through art when we're sad, stressed and in a dark place is also part of being an artist. I also agree with you that there is a lot of beauty in that.

    Thanks for the encouragement and feedback on this project! It is definitely much better to embark on journeys like this when one has company!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are awesome! Every tear makes us more beautiful, and transforms us.

    ReplyDelete