Monday, February 21, 2011

Exploring The Secret To My Happiness


I have to be honest... more than the odd occasion, I get very dissatisfied and frustrated at work and I wonder why I am still working there. But then, there are times when I get that reminder of why I haven't left, why I do what I do. Today was one of those times.

I work for a personal growth and finance training company. Harv, the owner of the company, travels a lot and it is quite a rare occasion to have him in the office. Today, we got a visit from him and had a gathering to acknowledge staff members that have been with the company for certain milestone years as well as those that have shown excellent performance above and beyond their call of duty. I was awarded for 7 years of service, and was presented a set of Cross pen and pencil as well as a gorgeous custom journal. For those of you who know how much I love stationery, this was definitely a much appreciated gift.

We then had an Ask Harv Live opportunity where the staff got to ask him anything we wanted - on either business or personal topics. After, he led us through an exercise where we got to uncover the "secret" to our happiness - "To be happy, I need to do things that make me feel good... about me." I must say, it was a pretty neat idea.

I've been going through some personal crisis in the past few days... and this has been very instrumental in helping me get clear on what I should do - not what I need to do to feel good, but what I need to do to feel good about me. Now I know what my new journal will house - notes from my journey as I explore the path to my own happiness.

2 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful thing to remember to enjoy where you are... and find peace and bliss in it! So Glad! Harv always had that potential, and could share it ... when he did :-)

    Enjoyed reading this very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful new journal, bet you can't wait to write in it. Also a wonderful message received in perfect timing. It's amazing what the impact can be when we are open to it.

    ReplyDelete