Saturday, February 19, 2011

Magic With Scissors


L'atelier - where magic happens, my happy place today. It is a neat place with a warm atmosphere. They even offer their clients wine. Imagine that! We all know how I get with wine, so I had a latte instead.

Since moving to Yaletown just over a year ago, I would still drive to Burnaby for haircuts and colour. In the recent weeks, I've grown more and more frustrated with my hair but couldn't find time to make the trek to Burnaby. Today, I finally decided to take a leap of faith and try someone else. Someone close - there's a ton of salons in Yaletown. However, just coz a salon is located in Yaletown and charging a premium for their services doesn't mean that they are good. I went to one a few years ago and although it was alright, it wasn't anything spectacular... and I certainly didn't think it was worth what I paid.

Today, I went online to look at some reviews and decided to try L'atelier on Mainland. When I phoned to make an appointment, the stylist I wanted was fully booked. The only one with an opening was Colette, the creative director at the salon and her rate is 50% more than that of the stylist I originally asked for. However, I must have meant to have her work on my hair because she is exactly what I was looking for. Yes, she is not cheap... but it was worth it and I love my hair. I guess it's like photography... it's not just clicking a button. It takes time, money and hardwork growing the talent in order to take a good picture. She didn't get that good without investment on her part and I can appreciate that.

2 comments:

  1. So true, its scary going to new stylists. I love the photo, but I also want to see the new hairdo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love getting my hair done...it is so simple, yet has so much power to affect my attitude. Can't wait to see the new "do" on Monday!

    ReplyDelete