Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Connected


Since I only have one baby, I don't know if all babies do this... but Maddi locks eyes with me a lot of the times when I nurse her. It is definitely a great reminder for me to be present in the moment. She has definitely been a great teacher for me, I am learning just as much from her as she is from me. These nursing times are also such bonding opportunities that only her and I share - so special.

The breast is definitely one of Maddi's top happy places, being there calms her so well. It is where she is most content. And frankly, having her on my breast is also one of my top happy places.

Today was the first week for parent/baby drop-in at Commercial & Broadway since the holiday break. We didn't see Bryn & Baby Jonah or Elina & Baby Jacob today; they're still on their respective holiday trips. It was great to see I-Wen and Baby Isaac though, as well as the other moms and babes that we've seen from last year.

Update on Maddi's sleep schedule - the other night might have been just an off night for her, because last night she slept seven hours straight!

No comments:

Post a Comment