Thursday, January 5, 2012

Maddi Got Her Library Card!


A few weeks ago, when we went to the parent/baby drop in at the Roundhouse, they had invited a librarian to run that session for a storytelling time. It was then that I first found out babies can get library cards! And the best part is, until they are 14 years old... they don't pay late fees!

So today, we met with Crystal & Baby Natascha and walked up to the library to get library cards for the babes. We didn't take any books out; but it was good to get out of the house even though we just ended up sitting in a corner in the children's section of the library breastfeeding the babes.

It actually was a pretty busy day for Maddi and I. After parting ways with Crystal and Baby Natascha, Maddi and I stopped to have lunch, then checked with Blacks if they do infant passport photos, stopped in Rogers to speak with Iwa and get our account fixed, went into Sears to check out their studio since Blacks doesn't have the set up to do infant passport photos... then finally home!

I must say, Vancouver is a pretty good city for moms. At the restaurant where I had lunch, and at Sears, I had to nurse Maddi. The restaurant was accommodating when I asked if I can go in a booth in the back for more privacy; and at Sears, there was a seating area that offered enough space for me to change Maddi's diaper and comfy couches for me to nurse Maddi in.

No comments:

Post a Comment