Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Meeting Auntie Shaila And Baby Zianna


After a week of talking on the phone and exchanging text messages, we finally got a chance to meet Shaila and baby Z for the first time. Thanks Dana for introducing us to each other! It's great to meet more moms in our area.

After our play date with Shaila and baby Z, we rushed home for our our Artist Group (minus Anne, plus Nat) Knit & Bitch night where Nuala teaches us how to knit. She definitely makes it look so easy... the rest of us don't make knitting look like a relaxing activity. Some of us look quite intense!

We ordered pizza, and since it was a cold night... I had the fire on and made some tea for the ladies.

Sean was a bit surprised to come home and see that all I have is a small rectangular piece... I think he expected that I'd have made a scarf or hat or something like that.

I am so glad that my relationship with my girlfriends sans children had not changed, even though the logistics of getting together may be different than before Maddi came along. Although I wasn't too worried about it, it was definitely something that has crossed my mind. Although I seem to hang out with guys more in my high school and university days, I definitely treasure the women in my life and have learned to appreciate the relationship I have with them, regardless of age, race or where and how I met them.

No comments:

Post a Comment