Sunday, January 1, 2012

Hello, 2012!


Happy New Year!

Maddi was such a superstar! She stayed up to ring in the new year with us, then slept through the partying downstairs.

Normally, whenever Maddi sleeps on the bed with us, she sleeps in the middle, between Sean and I. It must've been mother's instinct, because somehow I just thought that tonight, this wouldn't be a good idea. So I moved Maddi to go between the wall and me, then Sean can just come into bed beside me.

Once Maddi fell asleep, I set up the video monitor and went downstairs to join the party for a while. When I got down there, I was greeted with a sexy-dancin' Ryan with the Nacho Libre mask on, a loaded Sean sexy-dancin' with him and a happy Jason cheering them on! I took the opportunity to snap a few pics.

 What greeted me as I rejoined everyone after putting Maddi to bed

 Maddi sleeping through all the ruckus

After some girls vs. boys Pictionary, it was 2am and was time for me to go to bed since Maddi could be up in 6 hours. I must've been a little over-stimulated since I couldn't seem to fall asleep immediately.

In another hour, just as I was starting to drift off to sleep, Sean stumbles into the room. Turns out, my instinct to move Maddi to the other side of me was a brilliant idea since Sean was quite out of it, he had trouble with the door knob coming into the room.

We spent all of New Year's Day at Nat and J's as well - pretty much same as last year. I think it's becoming a tradition! Damon, Jen, Baby Everett & Hank also dropped by for a visit; baby Everett is getting so big!

Thanks Nat & Amy for being great aunties and helping with Maddi. Thanks Nat & J for being such great hosts and being so great when Maddi's been fussier than normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment