Monday, May 9, 2011

In The Living Years


Today was an especially tough day for a dear friend, after receiving some unfortunate family news. And this is an especially tough post for me to write, as my heart goes out to my friend... I can't help but think that this day will come for me as well.

He had just spoken with his mother the other day to greet her Happy Mother's Day when she seemed like she was recovering quite well from a stroke she had a while back. Then this morning, he informed me that he got news she's had another stroke and has been rushed to the hospital.

It is hard to see our parents get old and get sick. I know my heart aches just seeing my mom having trouble climbing up a set of stairs because her knees are getting weak. I can't imagine what he must feel like to know his mother is in a hospital and he is halfway around the world away from her.

As I mentioned in a previous post, the Sakura is a symbol of the ephemeral nature of life to the Japanese. I believe the universe' message for me today is to always appreciate and be grateful for those that are near and dear to my heart, and to never take them for granted. Tell those you love that you love them often, give plenty of hugs, appreciate the beauty of your relationship, show them you care... in the living years. Do not delay, it may be too late one day.

Sending my dear friend all the love and light I have as he flies home to be with his mama; sending his mom all the healing energy in the world, so she may have many more days to feel how much she is loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment