Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Lights Out


Today was a long day at work. Long, but good and productive. When I have long days at the office, it is especially challenging to capture that day's blog photo unless I've taken the time to do so earlier during the day. Otherwise, by the end of the work day, I'm just so tired and all I want is to go home and relax in my refuge.

By 9.30pm, right after a squabble with the hubby over an insensitive comment he made on my whine that I don't have a picture for the blog yet... I ventured out to hunt for my picture of the day.

It's amazing that this being Yaletown, the hip area for the trendy and the young... there's hardly anything happening around here. Other than a few restaurants being open, most things are closed. I brought my journal with me, because I like to write when I'm upset or just have some things to think about... but even the nearby Starbucks was closed!

On the way home, I took this photo of the marina. I think the title and the photo are appropriate for the mood of the hour - time to snooze and get some rest! Tomorrow, there will be lots of time to pick up where we left off with our argument earlier tonight. Or better yet, we'd hopefully be in a better place from where we were, after having had some time away from it.

To all - I wish you a good night and may you dream sweet, sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment