Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Make Time For Friends


Regina is a friend I met during my university and church days. Since graduating, she's been quite the traveler... and I don't see very much of her at all. It's always a nice treat to hear from her every once in a while, when she happens to be in town.

Yesterday, I got a msg that she'll be in town until mid next week. However, since I'm going away this Friday... it was a bit tricky organizing to meet up in such a hurry. I am so glad we managed to make it work! It was great to see her and to catch up with each other even if for just an hour or so.

It is true what I read in The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin - that making time for friends is important, it contributes to one's happiness; that spending time with a girlfriend is healthy and comparable to going to the gym. So there, I've done my exercise for the day! =)

Take care my friend... until we see each other again!

2 comments:

  1. Hanging out with a girlfriend is comparable to going to the gym? Best thing I've ever heard!!!

    Just looked through your archives... you've got quite the collection. Natural, creative perspective, very enjoyable :)

    Take good care and all the best in October. Looking fwd. to pics of little Ms. Co-McMillen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Isn't it the best thing? I want to make sure we set a date for when you're back in the Winter so you can meet little Maddi!

    ReplyDelete