Friday, July 29, 2011

A Rose For Norway


The other day, I read a blog post by a friend who shared about how she felt a bit detached after she heard the news about the horrific explosion and shooting in Norway. She was concerned that perhaps the amount of bad news we hear has somehow made her lose her compassion for fellow humans.

I must say, I am guilty of that, too. I am guilty of being too busy and consumed with my own life... as well as being desensitized to bad news because we hear so much of it. I knew something happened in Norway, but I was too busy to even find out about what exactly happened, until tonight.

And it seems true for me, that when I hear about so much tragedy... perhaps I get numbed, but I am not as emotionally available to feel compassion for those that are suffering.

However tonight, I dedicate my photo for the day to urge people to stop and pause from their busy lives and send love, light, support, positive thoughts and energies to those that are suffering in Norway - for those that died innocently, and especially those that lost people they love.

No comments:

Post a Comment