Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Happy 125th Bday Vancouver!


Today, the best city in the world celebrates its 125th birthday. I have been tired after work to do much lately; but today, I was excited to join in on the festivities at Jack Poole Plaza. So, after dinner, with my camera in tow... Sean and I made the trek on foot from Yaletown to the waterfront - it is quite a walk. We left around 7.15 and didn't get home till 10pm... on our feet the entire time!

There were bands playing, crazy soccer exhibitions, food carts of all flavours - a pizza cart, a dimsum cart, an Indian cart, a Mexican cart, and Mr. Tube Steak... if only I had known, we would've had dinner down there! There was even a giant birthday cake made with over 800 eggs by the culinary students at Vancouver Community College that was being served to everyone for dessert! Unfortunately, the line-up was too long, so we didn't get to try it.

On our way home, we walked by this street art, all in chalk... pretty amazing that it looks 3D in my picture! Thank you... whoever you are, for sharing your talent!

Apparently, there will be mini celebrations all year long! I'm looking forward to seeing Vancouverites having more fun out on the streets! Let's revive the open happiness that started during the Olympics!

No comments:

Post a Comment