Friday, April 1, 2011

Perfect


Tonight, hubby and I are hosting our friend, Cathy, who's come to visit us from her romantic and fairytale-like village of Clayburn. She came with a bouquet of vibrant tulips in her arms... and they are the perfect hostess gift!

I read somewhere on a website that because they are not too elegant, nor too romantic, too big, nor too small, too plain, nor too bright; the tulip is always just right. They are like a favourite pair of jeans or mom's fresh-baked cookies in that the messages that tulips convey are ones of genuine coziness and comfort... in all of the right ways.

Thanks, Cathy!

1 comment:

  1. Tulips are also the essence of spring, to me. They peak up out of the ground before I ever expect them to. This photo brings to my mind the words: fresh, cheery and spring.

    ReplyDelete