Sunday, April 17, 2011

Winds Of Change


Today was April artists' date with my arty ladies. We went to Bella Ceramica in West Vancouver and tried our hands at pottery painting. This is my unfinished work of art. It still has to be fired and glazed, so we left our painted pottery pieces at the studio... to be picked up next week. I'm excited to see how it turns out!

It's interesting how I went through a similar process as last month with regards to how I felt about my artwork. I started out with an exciting picture in my head, then as I transfer it onto paper or in today's case, ceramic plate... I immediately started getting discouraged, thinking that it is going to be a major disappointment. But then, I keep working at it and in the end it actually emerges to be something I quite like and can be proud of. Lastly, an artist needs to learn when to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment