Thursday, April 28, 2011

The World Is Your Oyster


Driving home from the office today... this statue, which I see every day that I drive to and from the office, caught my attention. The universe had a message for me. It had something it wanted me to think about, something it wanted to remind me.

You see yesterday, more specifically at 6:46pm on April 27 Manila time, I became an aunt for the fourth time!

My nephew was actually due over a week ago, but I guess he was too cozy in my sister's belly and just wanted to stay there. I've even suggested that they write him an eviction notice. If they did, it didn't help. He wasn't going anywhere.

The doctor eventually started inducing my sister to labour; but after nine hours, he still wouldn't budge. Finally, the doctor performed a C-Section on my sister to get him out.

Sometimes, it does feel like it would be better to be back in mother's womb... and not have to deal with the misfortunes of life. However, we would also miss out on all the blessings and wonderful experiences that life has to offer.

In contemplating life, I think that it really is a neutral element, although sometimes it hardly feels neutral at all. It is how we perceive life and the decisions we make in reaction to what life brings that determine whether we view life as sweet or hard. Life - we ultimately have the power to make it whatever we want it to be!

Welcome to the world, baby Garrett!!! The world is your oyster, enjoy everything life has to offer!

1 comment: