Friday, November 4, 2011

The Best Family In The World


In the last few years, I've started to appreciate and be grateful for my family more than I ever have. Although we live halfway across the world from each other, we've become closer than we ever have. I have no words to express just how much my parents have done for me and been there for me. My brother has been such a source of encouragement and my sister has been such a great support and comfort.

My sister arrived on my due date, and has been taking care of all my needs since Maddi was born. I am receiving the traditional Chinese postpartum care, and she's brought Sean and I food everyday as well as picked up anything that we may need. My parents arrived on the Friday after Maddi was born and they took over cooking and cleaning duty as soon as they got here. I am very lucky to have family that would fly 16 hours halfway across the world to serve me and take care of me during this time. I just realized how much I've missed them and wish I could see them more than just a couple of weeks in a year. It will be hard to see my sister leave in a few days and my parents leave in ten days.

In this photo, my parents are preparing an herb concoction for me to strengthen my body after birthing.

No comments:

Post a Comment