Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy One Month, Maddi Moo!



Maddi is one month today! This also means that we are both done our traditional Chinese postpartum care.

What I tried yesterday to get Maddi to sleep longer at night sorta worked... she went to bed at 11.30 like usual, but then Sean's stupid phone alerts from Facebook woke her up and she fussed for about an hour when I finally decided to have her sleep on my chest. This morning, she didn't wake up till 5.45 to feed! If you consider that she didn't eat since 11.30 last night, that's a six hour stretch! Next time, we just need to make sure that there is no phone alert that would wake her up, then mama can also have a six hour stretch of sleep!

She fell back asleep after feeding for about an hour at 5.45. I got up to have a shower at 10am, and it was nice of Maddi to let mama enjoy her first shower and waited until I got dressed before waking up. It was, however, quite the production to get ready to go out. We visited Sommer at Saf & Benjamin, the local baby store, then almost made it to the pastry shop for Maddi's birthday cake when I realized that my friend Cathy was minutes away from my house with a pot of congee for me! She didn't have a lot of time so we quickly turned around and headed home. I nursed Maddi soon as we got home, then I had a bowl of the congee for lunch while Cathy held Maddi. I nursed Maddi again, then it was our nap time when Cathy left at 2pm.

We woke up at 4.30pm. Since we didn't make it to the pastry shop on our stroll this morning, we made another attempt after our nap. This time, it didn't take as long to get out the door. We made it to Ganache Patisserie with half an hour before they closed. I picked out the Blanc Fraisier for Maddi's cake, ordered a small cup of coffee, and we were homeward bound with cake!

We invited Auntie Julie to come over and help celebrate; she was happy to share cake with us! We kept her up for the most part of the night, and she finally went to bed at 11.30pm, in mama's Moby wrap. She transferred into her bassinet once mama was done with her photos and blogging. Fingers crossed that she will go for another 6-7 hour stretch!

No comments:

Post a Comment