Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Nurse Anne


We first met our community nurse Anne when Maddi was 3 days old and my milk just came in the night before. Maddi didn't seem to like the fuller breasts and wasn't nursing as much. In the meantime, I was on my way to getting very engorged! Anne was my saving grace. She called me that day when I was just thinking, "I don't know what to do and if she doesn't start draining them, I'm afraid they'll just explode!" After a few minutes on the phone, she decided that she needed to come for a visit and I was so glad she could come the same day! She showed me some tricks and in the next couple of days, Maddi has drained the left one, which is the more engorged one, 3 times!

She's come to visit another time and today was her third visit. She's helped us with Maddi's gas issues, sleeping schedule, etc. Although Maddi sleeps through the night, which is awesome for me, her bedtime has been some time between midnight and 1 o'clock. I was trying to get her to go to bed earlier, and I think what I've been doing is working. Last night and the night before, she's gone to bed for the night at 11.30pm.

We love our nurse Anne!

No comments:

Post a Comment