Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tummy Time!


Today is our last day with the traditional Chinese postpartum care! Tomorrow, I get to shower, eat any food I want, drink more than just the herb tea that I've been drinking for a month and also... get out of the house!

For now, we will enjoy the coziness of the indoors... the fire is on and classical music for babies is playing! In this photo, Maddi is enjoying some tummy time!

I had a phone call with our community nurse just after we woke up from our nap and I was telling her what Maddi's routine has been lately. She can't believe that Maddi would sleep 6-7 hour stretches without needing to eat during the afternoon - from about 1pm till about 7.30pm! So she gave me the idea that I can try to switch her schedule so she sleeps that long stretch at night instead of in the afternoon by waking her up to feed every 3 hours during the day, making sure she wakes up from her nap at around 4 or 5pm, and trying to keep her up from then until she goes to bed for the night.

I tried to do as Nurse Anne suggested and she went to bed at 11.30 as usual. We'll see what time she wakes up in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment