Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Meeting Santa


I've been talking about taking Maddi to see Santa for a week or so now... but was dreading the line up to see him. I've seen Santa at the Kids' Market in Granville Island before and thought he looked pretty cool. So I thought to go there instead of the malls. Since Sean was off today, we decided make a family day out of it and go to Granville Island.

When we got there, we were surprised to see that not only was there no line up, but Santa walked around Kids' Market rounding up kids for his story time. After reading the little ones a story, he invited them up to his knee one by one so they can tell them what they wanted for Christmas.

Maddi went after all the big kids have gone. We asked the dad in front of us to take our family picture with Santa, then I took some of just Santa and Maddi. After I was done taking the shots I wanted, I was ready to leave. But to my surprise, Santa wanted to spend some time with Maddi! He said, "Ok, little one... let me have a look at you." He held her so that she was facing him, talked to her and cuddled with her. I thought, "more photo op!" and starting clicking away again. I'm so happy we went to Granville Island. The Santa there is awesome! I think we'll be visiting him there every year!

By the way, this was my first photo with Santa as well!




No comments:

Post a Comment