Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Moroccan Charm


Today, Maddi and I made the trek over the Lion's Gate Bridge to join the Finance department at Peak for a Christmas lunch. Thanks Harvey for making your fabulous cous cous and thanks Gil for bringing fresh nutmeg for the eggnog. What a treat! After some eats and a fun gift exchange game, we were off to Metrotown mall to meet my friend Sue.

It's getting down to the wire with Christmas shopping! I have said that I wouldn't go overboard with buying Christmas presents for Maddi this year since she's so little she doesn't really need or appreciate toys or clothes yet. In fact, she wouldn't appreciate anything more than the milk from my boob at the moment. I decided that I wanted to get her a special present this year as it's her first Christmas - maybe a locket on a chain or an activity mat which she'll use for a while, but not clothes which she'll grow out of in a blink of an eye.

Walking into Old Navy, however, made it difficult to stick to my initial thought since the clothes are just so darn cute and at such a good bargain! Can't really pass up a $20 pea coat or a $6 pair of baby jeans, can you?! And as if I needed more temptation, Mexx Kids had a 50% off everything in the store sale. God, help me!

Maddi and I continued to shop hours after Sue had left. Later that afternoon, Sean texted me to say he was coming home late. Turns out, he also went to Metrotown mall after work to meet a friend and do some Christmas shopping. We decided to meet up for dinner, then went our separate ways again to finish Christmas shopping.

While at the mall, I had to visit the parent room three times to feed Maddi. During one of those times, I had the misfortune of being stuck in an armchair with a hungry Maddi on my boob while being suffocated by the stench that's coming from a toddler getting her dirty diaper changed just a few feet away.

This photo is of one of the stores in the mall. Most of my photos since Maddi was born has been of her. It is a nice change to post something that is not Maddi, but catches my attention and inspires my creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment