Saturday, December 24, 2011

Milk And Cookies For Santa


As promised to my mom... today, Maddi and I paid a visit to the Catholic church near our house. I went to church for my mom, but I gained more than I expected from that visit. I have not been a church person for many years, but it was nice to find such peace in the midst of the busy-ness that the holiday season brings. The church might get a few visits from me next year. =)

I ended up staying longer than I expected, counting all my blessings, being grateful and laying the next year with all the wonderful possibilities it brings before God, asking him to bless our new family and those we love... and yes, I prayed for world peace.

We did some very last minute Christmas shopping, then we went to Julie's place for Christmas eve snacks and a turkey dinner. After dinner, we transferred to our place and this is Maddi just before bedtime. I had this shot in my head for over a week now, and knew I wanted it for my Christmas eve post. Maddi obliged, for a few minutes... and mama is very thankful to be able to have this shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment