Sunday, October 2, 2011

RIP In Fishy Heaven, Bubba


Just as I was hoping to be less emotional, I started my day with the intention to clean Bubba's bowl and then feed him when I discovered him floating on his side, dead. I've had him for 2 years and a couple of months... didn't realize how attached I got. Or maybe, it's the pregnancy hormones again - it seems to be getting the blame a lot these days.

I recently reconnected with my friend Amie on Facebook after losing touch for a little while. She came to go for tea with me, so I left Bubba in a small container of water. It was great catching up with Amie, can't believe it's been four years since I last saw her.

When I got back from tea with Amie, I figured I need to do something about Bubba. I thought about flushing him down the toilet... but then thought that I'd rather bury him in my mini rose bush, and perhaps he'd make good fertilizer. So that's where he is, with the pebbles from his bowl scattered on the dirt covering him.

When I first discovered Bubba dead, I thought, "What good timing... Like I needed another thing to throw me right back into being emotional!" But on the other hand, I also thought, "It is pretty good timing, it's sort of like a sign... one life ends and another begins - it's the cycle of life. I needed to make more room in my life for Maddi."

I'm 38 weeks pregnant today. Starting tomorrow, I begin taking care of business at home to prepare for Maddi's arrival.

RIP in fishy heaven, Bubba... you will be missed =(

No comments:

Post a Comment