Monday, October 17, 2011

A Visit From Baby G


I had a busy morning. I went to my doctor's appointment, and being one day "overdue," she pulled out the I word. She told me that basically, we'll wait till I'm 41 weeks, then I'll be put on fetal monitoring. Once I'm 10 days overdue, she'll schedule an induction. I didn't want to expend the thought and energy thinking about it, so I didn't say anything. But basically, now I'm on the clock to do whatever I can to get Maddi out before I am pressured into an induction. Although of course, baby's and my safety are the bottomline here. If it is medically needed, I am more than willing to go for it. After the doctor's appointment, I had a chiropractic appointment. Then while on the North Shore, I had a spontaneous lunch/coffee date with my friend Cathy. Then soon after I got home, I got a visit from my sister, Gib, baby G, Gib's parents and sister. They came bearing gifts! Maddi has scored another mountain of loot. What a lucky girl!

Meet Garrett, my four and a half month old nephew. He sorta looks like me when I was a baby! Can't get over how round his head is! And also can't believe that he's so big already! Seeing him sort of reminds me that even if the first little while with Maddi might be hard, I really should cherish every moment... because they truly grow up way too fast.

Honda update - I got another inquiry on it. I told her I have an accepted offer on it, but that she is welcome to come have a look at it and if she likes it, I would love to take a back up offer in case the first deal somehow doesn't go through. She came, she saw, she loved my Honda! She offered me the asking price, and asked if I would be willing to call the other buyer to tell them I have a higher offer. I hesitated because I already said yes to the first person, but I decided to call him anyways. I gave him the opportunity to come up to the asking price, but he declined. Which was great, because for some reason, I preferred to sell it to this young lady. She gave me a deposit and we signed an agreement for it... now we're just waiting for my new ride to arrive.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Guess Date Jenn... you know my thoughts on induction before 42 weeks :-) Just remember *you* are *always* in charge.

    If it makes you feel any better there are things you can start doing now... if Maddi is ready, she'll come. If not they do no harm. Let me know if you want me to email you a list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Crystal! Thanks! Yes, please send me a list! I've been drinking Raspberry Leaf tea and walking, I've also scheduled a natural induction appt with my acupuncturist.

    ReplyDelete