Friday, September 23, 2011

Ice Cream Better Than I Scream


Ice cream has always been one of my favourite treats. And apparently, I can afford to eat it. At my doctor's appointment today, instead of gaining 2 lbs. since my last appointment two weeks ago, I've lost 3 lbs! I did notice that I didn't have as much of an appetite lately, but I didn't think there's been much difference in what or how much I ate. Perhaps the scale at the doctor's office was off? The doctor did assure me that I didn't have anything to worry about as baby is healthy and very active.

Today was definitely a lot better day emotionally. It was very helpful to come to the conscious realization that what I'm about to step into is far more important and significant in the grand scheme of things than saying goodbye to a job. I knew that, but it's different to REALLY know that! And, as much as I need to acknowledge my loss, I need to focus on my new upcoming role as a mother to a baby that will need to rely on me completely.

Thank you to everyone that has lent me an ear and given me tremendous support as I go through the emotional roller coaster that pregnancy hormones can sometimes take you on.

1 comment:

  1. Like, like, like! And not just the ice cream either! Embrace it all Jenn! this is a big shift for you and you can expect a little bumpiness along the way. So beautiful that you have such awareness, especially for the sake of the little human about to join us!

    ReplyDelete