Friday, September 9, 2011

London Chic


I often just get these sudden urges to get my hair cut... and today was one of those days. I just love getting my hair cut... definitely one of the things that take me to my happy place! On one hand, I hesitate to cut my hair because it had just gotten long enough in the back that I could sort of tie it up in a mini pony tail... and Sean said he likes it. However, my hair just looks like a mess and I feel the need for a rescue operation before it got any sloppier.

So I made a consultation appointment to see what they would recommend before committing to a haircut. Literally, the consultation took a minute or two... was assured that I could polish up my look while keeping some of the length in my hair and I went for it. Towards the end of the appointment, he asked if he could give me a fringe. I told him that if he thinks it'll look good, I am pretty adventurous with my hair and I would be open to it. I just never had a fringe since I was five because I have thick, coarse hair and lots of it... and I didn't want to end up looking like a mushroom head. He assured me it wouldn't, so I consented. And this was the result. He said I look very London-y!

It took a bit of getting used to... I did feel a bit like a mushroom head at first, but I love my hair now.

No comments:

Post a Comment