Monday, September 19, 2011

Run, Terry, Run!


Tonight, hubby and I went for a walk. Seems like it was a while ago since the last time we went on one. A few minutes out of our door, we come across this new memorial in front of GM Place.

I attended university at SFU, so although I didn't grow up here, I have heard of Terry Fox and his accomplishment. Such a great reminder of not being afraid to dream for a miracle, and not giving up on going after one's dreams! What an inspiration!

However, I must be honest. Someone "ordinary" like me can either hold him up on a pedestal, view him as special and make excuses for why I can't do great things like he did. Or, he can really be an inspiration... if I view him as disadvantaged compared to myself, yet he accomplished what he did. How much more capable am I to be able to accomplish my dreams?

No comments:

Post a Comment