Friday, September 16, 2011

Rule Breaker


This is Jeffrey, the guy who gave me a fringe last Friday. I've not had a fringe probably since I was five years old. I've always thought my hair was too thick and there's too much of it to be able to sport one. Jeffrey broke this rule for me and I love my fringe cut!

During my appointment with him last Friday, Jeffrey mentioned that he needed a hair model for a video he is submitting to ISO for a colour instructor position he is applying for. He asked if I would be interested in being his model and I'd get a free hair colour out of it for my time.

This afternoon, I walked into Is. Salon again for my hair colour appointment. I knew he was using red on my hair, but I thought it would be the brighter red, not the maroon-y red that I've stayed away from for years because it seems such a "Chinese" hair colour. Just as I was telling him this, he takes the towel off my head and says... it is a more maroon-y kind of red!

Jeffrey has been two for two with me - broke two hair rules for me in the two times I've met with him and both times I ended up loving what he's done with my hair.

Good luck on that application, Jeffrey! I am crossing my fingers that you get that position. Onwards and upwards... I love it when people work on improving themselves and go after their dreams.

p.s. Thank you also to the very generous Is. Salon - I got a full-sized bottle of Morrocan Oil moisture repair shampoo, full-sized jar of Davines Alchemic Conditioner for red hair colour and a free shampoo and style the next time I go into the salon. I was very impressed with how supportive the salon owner was of Jeffrey's venture.

No comments:

Post a Comment